We are seeking an experienced Construction Operations Manager for new-building and infrastructure construction projects in Saskatchewan. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing operations of several sites and effectively managing operation teams. The successful candidate must possess the knowledge, experience, and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals, consultants and client while successfully managing other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract documents, schedule, and budget. This individual will work closely with the Project Manager and Site Supervisor to fulfill an integral role on the project.
- Assist in the preparation of the project schedule.
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the building design, scheduling, possible cost savings measures and potential construction problems.
- Have confidence in own ability to intelligently communicate with design team/client as well as effectively lead the Operation steam.
- Monitor and maintain the project construction schedule ona weekly basis.
- Raise and discuss relevant issues at the job site meetings.
- Inform the Project Manager of any errors, discrepancies or omissions contained within the Consultant’s design drawings.
- Guidance to Site Supervisors in maintaining safe job sites and ensure that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced.
- Coordinate and direct independent testing and inspections as required.
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control.
- Control and monitor labour, material, and equipment expenses. Assist in the preparation of the monthly cost forecasting summaries.
- Ability to commute/relocate to Saskatoon, SK: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required).
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience as a Superintendent on commercial, infrastructure and new building construction projects.
- College or university degree in a construction related field an asset.
- Must have Red Seal Journeyperson Carpentry Status or equivalent.
- Must have understanding of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- This position is eligible for Employment signing bonus.
- Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Salary: $90,000.00-$150,000.00 per year
- Benefits: Dental care, Extended health care, RRSP matching, Vision care, Wellness program.
- Schedule: 10-hour shift.
- Supplemental pay types: Bonus pay.